The DC Audio Level 4XL subwoofer was developed out of demand. DC Audio were getting a lot of requests for something bigger than the Level 4 but doesn't have the same needs for insane weight in the boot like the LV5 80+ lbs subs need. DC were moving a lot of hybrid subs that used LV4 motors with LV5 coils but they knew they could do better than that.
DC Decided that as everyone likes the LV5, with it being a fantastic sub, that it would be the perfect platform for an in-between sub.
The Level 4XL is a smaller Level 5... It uses all of the same soft parts of the LV5 with a smaller version of the same motor. Just small enough to squeeze through the cut-out hole for a 10" driver.
What was the end result? A great sounding high powered daily driver sub that can be used in or out of the competitive lanes. The XL has devastating lows and reliability. It quickly became DC's selling sub!
Now for 2012, the M2 version has been released!
The XLm2 is the next genaration of high end sub bass driver.
The XLm2 has more cooling, longer lasting spider packs, and about a 45% increase in the RMS rating over the Xlm1!
Although this sub was already great to begin with, we took a lot of time to redesign constructive changes.
After a lot of hard work, we think our customers are really going to like what
we have to offer them!
• Extremely rigid non-pressed paper cone assembly
• Multilayered polymer foam surround
• Polypropylene dust cover with embossed DC logo
• 8”OD semi cup progressive roll spiders
• Extra heavy duty interweaved tinsel lead wire
• Cast aluminum black frame
• FEA analyzed and optimized motor assembly – Fully CNC machined
• Rubber mounting gasket
• Chrome spring loaded push terminals
• Dual 0.7ohm, 1ohm , 1.4ohm or 2ohm 3” 8 Layer Hi-temp Aluminum voice coil wound on black anodized voice coil former
2250w RMS Daily Street use, 4000w+ for SPL use.
PLEASE NOTE ALL DC AUDIO PRODUCTS ARE BUILT TO ORDER. Please allow 10-14 working days for delivery.
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 13 April, 2010.